Children & teens age 4 to 15 : 1st class free
Regular classes: September 5, 2020, to June 25, 2021
The first month is a discovery of our teaching; at the end of the month, we confirm the maintenance of your child in this course, or we offer him another course more suitable.
Patrick Zordan, state graduate professor, performer in contemporary dance (Ch. Cré-Ange, H. Diasnas, Ph. Découflé), and in musical comedy (Les Années Tubes on TF1 …). He teaches the release technique in contemporary dance, the floor barre, the American tap dancing, in Awakening (Eveil), Initiation, 1st cycle.
Objective of courses :
These classes also provide children with self-control, respect, discipline and a sense of effort, which greatly contributes to their personal development.
The best students who wish to invest more in the dance are thus prepared to join the classes with flexible hours (CHAD) which are practiced in the professional training of Paris Marais Dance School, in partnership with all the colleges and high schools offering such flexible schedules.
A choice of 45 courses per week:
- convenient hours, weekdays, Wednesdays or weekends
- the possibility of choosing from 1 up to 3, 5, 8 lessons per week depending on age to progress faster, especially for the pre-professional sector
- floor barre classes as a supplement to strengthen posture, musculature and suppleness, based on the Boris Kniassef method and the Vaganova method
- Pointe shoes courses from age 12 (legal age in France), with a preparation for pointes from age 11.
Amateurs and pre-professional dancers:
- Amateurs : all classes welcome amateurs who wish to develop the practice of dance as a leisure activity.
They can freely choose the number of courses they attend each week, from 1 to 3, 5, 8 lessons per week depending on age to progress faster.
- Pre-professional stream : starting age 8 ; 5 to 12 classes per week is recommended according to age to progress at the pace necessary for a career orientation.
Preparation to competitions, to enter the Paris Opéra Ballet school, the CNSM, PMDS:
For students who wish, it is possible to prepare specifically for the following auditions and / or competitions:
- Preparation to enter the Paris Opéra Ballet school, the CNSMDP (conservatoire national supérieur de musique et de danse de Paris)
- Preparation to the audition for the pre-professionnel training of PMDS – Paris Marais Dance School with studies with flexible hours (CHAD) for ages 12-18.
- Preparation to competitions (CND, Scène française, Nijinsky, Chausson d’Or, etc)
- As a supplement to usual classes, private classes are possible upon request.
- Exercise video recording at the barre and in the center is also possible.
Ages and levels :
4 and 5 years: awakening
6 and 7 years old: initiation
8 years and older: classical technique – cycles 1 and 2, from basic to advanced / intermediate level.
Students must, in principle, enroll in their age group. During the month of September, teachers make the necessary adjustments so that each student can find himself in the level that best suits him and that will allow him to progress at best.
An educational follow-up with continuous monitoring and examination at the end of each cycle makes it possible to evaluate the progress of each student.
Organisation of studies :
The cycles are identical to those of conservatoires in France:
- 1st cycle : age 8 to 11/12 (beginner level)
- 2nd cycle : age 12 to 15 (intermediate level)
- 3rd cycle : age 15/16 to 18 (advanced level)
- Superior Cycle (after high school graduation), upon audition : age 17 à 21. See our section formation professionnelle
Number of recommended classes per week :
Workshops, during the school holidays : 8 weeks per year
They are an opportunity to work more intensively, to progress faster and to move faster to the next level.
The price of the courses is in addition to the annual subscription. It is advisable to participate in at least 2 courses during the year.
Next performance : November 2 & 22, 2020
All students who wish participate in the show. Buy your tickets well in advance (on our Registration platform).
The preparation of the show is done during the usual classes, without penalizing the planned technical progression. It is supplemented by one-off rehearsals in the 2 months preceding the show, according to a special schedule. The costumes are chosen by the teacher and are the responsibility of the parents (about 20 to 40 € per student and per year), in addition to the annual subscription.
NOTE: The date of the show is most often between May and early July.
Weekly schedule, September 5, 2020 to June 25, 2021 :
During the year, holidays excluded.
During the school holidays, participate to an intensive workshop to progress!
12-18 ans and pre-professional studies (CHAD – horaires aménagés)
The entry is on audition.
How to proceed ?
The outfits below are indicated with the models from the Attitude store (-10% from Paris Marais Dance School). However, the choice of the supplier remains completely free.
Awakening (age 4-5) et initiation (age 6-7) :
- no slippers: to facilitate the work of the feet
- tights without feet, to dance with bare feet.
- pink half-point shoes (from 8 years old, preferably canvas, Sansha mark, to facilitate the work of the feet)
- pink tights
- leotard, according to the age range of the class (not the age of the child):
- 4 – 5 years: white with incorporated skirt, Paka model
- 6 – 7 years old: pink, model Paka
- 7-8 years old: salmon, Deba model
- 8 – 9 years: white, Deba model
- 9/10 – 11 years old: red/ruby, Deba model
- 11 – 12 years old: turquoise, Deba model
- age 11-14: navy, Deba model
- 12 to 15 years: burgundy, Deba or Noa model.
- white leotard, model Tara (with short sleeves)
- gray tights without feet, Bijan model
- white socks, fine cotton (from 8 years old)
- gray linen slippers (from 8 years old, Sansha mark if possible)
- 10 years and more: dance belt (specific trunk for boys) flesh color, brand Wear Moi, on the online catalog DanceDirect (tel: 05 56 02 62 26).
The smooth running of the courses is based on the following points:
- to arrive on time, is to arrive in advance, with a well prepared bag where nothing is missing, with hairpins and elastics
- to prepare exclusively in the changing room; do not leave anything in the changing room and take everything to the dance studio, in a bag
- drop off his tidy things at the designated place of the studio by the teacher
- remove the warm-up clothes before class and put them in the bag
- always have a gourd or a bottle of water, stored in the bag, to drink during the breaks indicated by the teacher
- make sure to have a light meal 1 hour before the lesson (it is not possible to dance on an empty stomach)
- be very regular in classes, organize yourself to not miss any classes (this allows more pleasure and progress during the lessons, and a better participation in the show)
- an always clean outfit (see § Outfits), slippers with elastics well sewn (not tight)
- hair tied in a bun for girls, a headband for boys if long hair
- no jewelery or watch (small earrings accepted)
- class concentration, no conversations (it is encouraged to ask a few questions to the teacher)
- mobile phone off before entering the studio
- applause at the end of class and reverence to the teacher.